Fair Use Policy
Getmybiz Fair Use Policy
This document, herein referred to as the "Document", defines the policy governing user generated contents on the website at www.getmybiz.com.au and its associated applications and systems, herein referred to as "Getmybiz".
User Content | Top
Any text, images, videos, sounds or other media uploaded by customer of Getmybiz is classified as "User Content" and must conform to the following:
- adhere to copyright laws;
- good taste;
- professional; and
- accepted by the Review Process.
Business Entity | Top
A Business Entity refers to an Australian business with a valid ABN or/and ACN.
Primary Author | Top
The customer who publishes a listing for a Business Entity first is the Primary Author for that Business Entity. If the customer is a member of an Organisation Group, that Organisation Group will be taken as the Primary Author.
Publishing the same business under a different customer account is strictly prohibited and will be rejected by the review process. This restriction does not apply to customer accounts belonging to the same Organisation Group identified as the Primary Author, subject to the terms defined in Duplicate Business Details.
A customer/Organisation Group can cease to be the Primary Author and face the following actions if Getmybiz identifies that they are not the actual owner of the Business Entity, or failed to declare that they are acting on behalf of the Business Entity with authorisation:
- accounts suspension
- all listings removed from the website
Review Process | Top
In order to provide an informative and professional business classifieds service to the Getmybiz community, all User Contents are subject to a review process.
Any User Content that are found to breach the following criteria are subject for removal and the author's user account can be suspended. Note that the criteria below are a sample only and is not exhaustive.
User Contents that advertises, mentions or suggests the following topics are prohibited:
- adult industry - including but not limited to dating services, escort services, performance enhancement supplements etc.;
- financial trading services;
- gambling; and
- illicit drugs.
This includes text that are generated programmatically or crafted with the purpose to exploit search engine algorithms.
The following patterns are common, but not exhaustive to spam contents:
- no logical structure in paragraphs; and
- common words substituted with synonyms.
Duplicate Business Details is considered a form of Spam Content.
For further information, see Google Webmaster articles: Automatically generated content and User-generated spam.
There are customers who may feel discomfort seeing images of live insects or pests. Such images are considered inappropriate and prohibited on this website.
Having an easy to read and professionally written description of your business will go a long way in helping your customers decide to use your service.
A high standard business description is considered to have the following characteristics:
- no spelling errors;
- correct grammar usage;
- courteous and professional;
- avoid excessive use of bold, italics, CAPITAL LETTERS etc.;
- conveys the nature of the business; and
- not a spam, see Spam Content
A poorly drafted business listing reflects negatively on the business owner as well as the publishing platform, Getmybiz. As part of the Review Process, the writing styles of a business listing will be evaluated to determine if it meets the above criteria. Business listings that fail to meet this requirement is likely to be send back to the Author for edit or/and rejected from publishing on Getmybiz.
The author of the User Content might be requested to make editorial changes and try publishing again, subject to moderator's discretion.
Duplicate Business Details | Top
Each business listing published on Getmybiz must be for the purpose of promoting a distinct and valid business entity. A distinct and valid business entity is one that is defined by:
- having an Australian Business Number (ABN) that is in active status
- does not refer to the same business details that is found on an existing business listing or listings. Such details include, but not limited to business name, contact number, website address and description
This rule is in place to prevent the following negative impacts caused by publishing duplicate business details:
- multiple listings consume additional display real estate and resources from Getmybiz to the detriment of customers who are publishing a single listing for their business
- duplicate content will attract negative scoring by search engines in ranking Getmybiz and therefore disadvantages the entire community
Due to the negative impacts incurred from this practice, business listings that are found to contain duplicate content will be removed immediately if found and a warning may or may not be issue to the author. Repeated offence will result in account suspension with or without notice.
This document is effective as of 26 August 2019.